Would not have surprized me if an entire ice age would have passed since the last time I wrote here... yes, it was THAT long ago.
I figured that since it was so long ago since my last post, I should now post something more meaningful (Madame, if you dislike clichés, this is the time to hit the little red cross of you web browser)
So, let's get started. I do not know what really what has happened to me emotionally the last week (oh shit, here we go...) but I think it's simply because I have passed the honeymoon phase of my new life in my new city. In the beginning I just loved my city, the new friends I got through my master program, the apartment and all the new fun events that happened. But now, I just feel like:"Meh..". You know that feeling, right? Is that feeling, or rather the non-feeling where you feel (exactly!) nothing. It's neither good, nor bad and all you want to do is walk around in your ugliest pants and watch brain-killer-tv-shows such as Pretty Little Liars (seriously, will I EVER get to know who A is????). Because you don't give a shit about anything. So why would you give the world the satisfaction of doing things when you really don't care? (Ouch, this really sounds horrible... but it is true!)
I guess this could be a little strike of the good ole' winter depression that we up here in the north usually experiences when we reach the later half of the year.. but I haven't really diagnosed this shit yet haha.
BUT, here comes the turnaround!
Today I just realized I was being silly... Of course everyone has to have these little dips at times, it is completely natural and probably even healthy in order to appreciate the good times later on. Anyway, I started thinking about why I actually should care and that rising from these bad times usually comes from appreciating and be thankful for what you actually have! It is bad how seldom I actually just stop my 100 mph life and starts to think about all the wonderful things I have to be thankful for. And actually, I think the pressure just behind my forehead got a little easier, my pillow got a little fluffier and if it just isn't pure imagination, I think the sun may have started to shine a little brighter.
So here is my list of thankfulness for today, and I should really do this more often! (and once again, sorry for the cliché. But I really think one have to be reminded of this more often! And I'll tell you if you think this is boring, I have a whole life of student crazyness and catastrophes to share... so stay tuned peeps)
- I have a wonderful family that supports me and loves me even though I'm sulking and hiss at them in the phone.
- Lovely friends who always are just a phone call away
- I am currently studying a great master program which hopefully will lead to something great after graduation
- I have a bright future to look forward to! A future filled with love, fun and exciting events, a career and lots of cozy times!
- Lastly, I just have to mention that I'm so thankful that winter is coming (haha sounded like a quote from Game of Thrones!) I'm so excited for the cold, snowy days! Walking in the cold, crisp air, getting rosy cheeks and later walking inside, drinking tea and hot chocolate! I cannot wait!
Now, I'll go to bed and dream about winter times!
(Pictures from Pinterest)